Η ΕΛΙΞ σας προτείνει ένα πολύ ενδιαφέρον συγχρηματοδοτούμενο πρόγραμμα του Ευρωπαϊκού Σώματος Αλληλεγγύης (ESC) μεγάλης διάρκειας που συντονίζει η γερμανική οργάνωση ICJA e.V..
Το πρόγραμμα θα υλοποιηθεί στο στα γραφεία του οργανισμού ICJA στο Βερολίνο, ξεκινώντας τον Ιανουάριο 2021 και θα έχει διάρκεια δώδεκα (12) μήνες.
Η θέση του εθελοντή/εθελόντριας είναι να υποστηρίξει το τμήμα του sending department και συγκεκριμένα, θα συμβάλλει στην προετοιμασία και υποστήριξη Γερμανών εθελοντών που θα συμμετάσχουν σε εθελοντικά προγράμματα στις χώρες της Λατινικής Αμερικής και στο Βόρειο Ημισφαίριο.
Αν μιλάς γερμανικά και θέλεις να τα εξασκήσεις, τότε είναι το κατάλληλο πρόγραμμα για σένα!
Προθεσμία υποβολής: 15 Νοεμβρίου 2020.
Activities of the project organization (aims, objectives, actions)
ICJA is a non-profit organization, which sends German volunteers from the age of 18 years abroad for one year to over 40 countries and, in turn, organizes one-year stays for international volunteers in Germany. ICJA’s aim is to facilitate respectful and open interactions between people from different cultures and religious backgrounds. ICJA understands its exchange program as an educational opportunity. Central to ICJA’s concept are contact, cooperation and fruitful exchange between volunteers coming from all over the world. ICJA e.V. is an active member of the ICYE Federation (International Cultural Youth Exchange). There are around 35 people working in the office in Berlin. The office also coordinates the regional groups all over Germany where mainly the returnees are active.
As a volunteer organization, we are receiving volunteers from all over the World and sending out volunteers in 34 different countries. The volunteer will be working in the sending department. In particular, will be involved in preparing and supporting German volunteers who will do their voluntary service in Latin American countries and the Global North.
- Answering initial questions about application modalities and program specifications within the different formats of the exchange program – via Email and phone.
- Support the selection process of candidates: revision of applications and verifying for completeness.
- If wished: contact with international partner organizations (working language is in English) regarding requirement and presentations of relevant documents.
- Reading, answering and archiving reports of the volunteers throughout the exchange year, administration of participation lists of participation documents
- Support in preparing seminars
- Possibility to support international Workcamps
- Opportunity to implement your own project ideas
- The volunteer supports the pedagogical work with international volunteers and German volunteers and assists with organizational tasks.
The volunteer gets an insight into documentation and organizational tasks for all programs of ICJA. Please keep in mind that the tasks are rather administrative (90%) and less pedagogical (10%).
Required skills and interests of the volunteer
The ICJA Office has the following expectations towards the volunteer’s required skills and interests:
- very good knowledge of German (C1/C2) and English (B2/C1) is mandatory, Spanish is an asset - Interest and fun in administrative tasks as well as in transcultural topics and global learning
- be open-minded and motivated - be open to work in a responsible and independent way
- the ability to work in a team - willing to bring in own skills and interests
- knowledge of Office Programs (especially Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Interest in International Youth Exchange and Voluntary Service
- Interest in contributing your own skills and testing yourself at seminars, etc.
Working hours, working time: The weekly working hours will be 35 hours; two days off a week. Sometimes they work on weekends, in this case, they will get additional free days.
Training and support for the volunteer
There is a mentor who is responsible for answering any questions and supervising the work of the volunteer, and who speaks English. The volunteer can take part in regular capacity training for staff members. The project has been a host project for the European Voluntary Service for several years now. The volunteer will always have another person who will support them with their tasks.
Accommodation, Food, Transport arrangements, Pocket Money
The volunteer is going to live in a host family or in a shared apartment in Berlin.
The volunteer will receive provisions (amounting to 258 Euro/month) from the project.
The volunteer will be reimbursed for the costs of a monthly public transport ticket (reduced fee) (paid by ICJA).
The pocket money will be set up according to the Programme Guide, 5€ per day, and the food is covered by the organization and there will be a travel budget depending on the distance.
The volunteer will receive 5 Euro/day as pocket money in monthly payments (paid by ICJA).
International travel costs / Insurance
The volunteer will receive a financial contribution to the travel costs from their place of origin to Germany and back to their home destination. The amount depends on the distance travelled. For travel distances between 500 km and 1999 km: 275 Euro, between 2000 km and 2999 km: 360 Euro etc.
The volunteer will receive health insurance, third party liability insurance as well as general accident insurance via the group insurance of the European Commission (free of charge for the volunteer).
A total of 12 months during the period January 2021 to January 2022
HOW TO APPLY