Σε συνεργασία με την οργάνωση Concordia, η ΕΛΙΞ σας προτείνει ένα πολύ ενδιαφέρον πρόγραμμα ESC μεγάλης διάρκειας με στόχο την προώθηση της κινητικότητας των νέων και των διαπολιτισμικών ανταλλαγών.
Το πρόγραμμα, με τίτλο “Active citizenship and mobility for all”, θα λάβει χώρα την περίοδο Σεπτεμβρίου 2019 έως Σεπτέμβριο 2020 στην όμορφη πόλη Lyon, η τρίτη μεγαλύτερη πόλη της Γαλλίας!
Η αιτήση με τους επιλεγμένους υποψήφιους για αυτό το πρόγραμμα θα κατατεθεί από την οργάνωση φιλοξενίας στην επόμενη προθεσμία του προγράμματος European Solidarity Corps, τον Φεβρουάριο 2019 στην Εθνική Μονάδα της Γαλλίας.
Η προθεσμία 8/01 είναι εσωτερική προθεσμία της Concordia για επιλογή εθελοντή/εθελόντριας και την προετοιμασία της αίτησης χρηματοδότησης.
Η αίτηση χρηματοδότησης θα απαντηθεί από την Εθνική Μονάδα της Γαλλίας δυο έως τρεις μήνες μετά από την κατάθεσή της.
Προθεσμία Υποβολής Αιτήσεων: Δευτέρα, 8 Ιανουαρίου 2019!
Concordia is a French national non-governmental and non-profit making organization which was founded in 1950 by English, German and French youngsters. Their aim was to enhance the values of tolerance and peace after the 2nd world war by organizing international workcamps of young volunteers.
Main objectives of Concordia are the following:
- Education, by helping young people to grow up through participation in collective life.
- Culture, by favoring youth exchanges at international level, always emphasizing values of peace, friendship and mutual respect.
- Social, in taking part in concrete actions of solidarity, as well as in supporting civic attitude.
- Social economy, in contributing to the achievement of local development, in terms of environment, patrimony, tourism and socio-educational activities.
Our Paris head office supports the activities of ten regional offices. Concordia Rhône-Alpes is one of these regional offices.
Concordia has the approval of the French Ministry of Youth and Sport and the Ministry of Environment.
The office of Concordia Rhône-Alpes is located in Lyon, the 3rd biggest city of France, in the East. Lyon benefits from a temperate climate and offers all kinds of services and easy access to leisure opportunities. It is a really touristic city, with a remarkable cultural patrimony.
Tasks and activities
The two ESC volunteers will work together in pairs with the support of our local volunteers and our working team.
They will be asked to support Concordia staff in promoting mobility and involvement for young people, including the ones with fewer opportunities.
Volunteers will also work on a project designed to favour active citizenship and free expression for young people.
Furthermore, volunteers will help with the preparation of the international workcamps season and with other kinds of international projects which we organize throughout the year (Erasmus + youth exchanges, training courses, etc…)
In particular, activities will deal with:
- Ambassadors for mobility (all year long)
- Participating in events to promote voluntary service;
- Presenting the “Erasmus+” and the “European Solidarity Corps” programs;
- Meeting youngsters willing to do an ESC Individual volunteering activity; introducing the participation procedure to them; helping them in their researches; and talking about your own experience;
- Promoting voluntary service with new tools which will be defined, e.g. the creation of a booklet or of a website with records about different voluntary experiences;
- Being in contact with local partners, in order to participate in the reinforcement of Concordia’s networks. This could help us to create bonds with other structures, and with the implementation of new shared activities;
- Organizing specific informative sessions in several priority neighbourhoods in Lyon’s area for youngsters with fewer opportunities, in order to help them to have access to mobility opportunities, especially by promoting short-term ESC voluntary projects and international workcamps;
- Supporting Concordia staff in different tasks related to external communication (monthly newsletters, Facebook posts, etc…)
- Supporting active citizenship and free expression
- In cooperation with local volunteers, organizing regular events in Lyon or in near cities, with the purpose of favouring active citizenship and young people‘s free expression on different topics (solidarity, environment, inclusion…) through street debates / Citizen Cafés in a local bar in Lyon;
- Following a specific training about street debate techniques, to be able to favour collective expression.
- International Volunteer Workcamps season and other intercultural projects
- Assisting Concordia staff with the organisation of the international volunteer workcamps season which takes place from June until September, and also before, for its logistic preparation;
- Offering practical support for various tasks, such as preparation of the material for workcamps (tents, tools...); strengthening of the relationships with local communities willing to host workcamps; communication;
- Co-leading an international workcamp during summertime (2 or 3 weeks) after participating in a specific training. It is possible to be technical leader or group leader (depending on volunteer’s interests and skills);
- Assisting Concordia staff in developing projects in the frame of the Erasmus+ program (Youth Exchanges, Training courses, etc…) For instance, volunteers could promote projects, help to deal with practical matters, help with animation, or even imagine and write their own projects.
Detailed activities will be defined both by volunteers and by Concordia staff, according to volunteers' skills and interests.
- Ability to adapt to a different environment, a communicative personality, able to easily approach different audiences;
- Good level of English and/or French or motivation for learning French fast;
- Interest in international workcamps and in intercultural awareness projects;
- Availability for a twelve-month project starting in September 2019;
- Sense of initiative, enthusiasm.
- Working Hours: The volunteer will work approximately thirty hours per week, three of which to learn French on the online platform.
- Working and living conditions: Accommodation and food will be provided. Volunteers will be accommodated in the Concordia regional office “House of Volunteers”. The flat is located in Lyon, next to Concordia office, and will be shared with one more ESC volunteer who will be involved with another partner organisation. They will both have their own room and they will have common access to bathroom, kitchen, living room and courtyard.
In addition, volunteers will get a budget for food (7,5€ per day) and pocket money (180€ per month), provided through monthly transfers. Free internet access will be provided.
Application deadline: 08/01/2019
- Please write “Active citizenship and mobility for all” on the subject of the e-mail.
- Do not forget to write in your email that ELIX – Conservation Volunteers Greece is your sending organization!
After receiving applications, we may arrange Skype/Phone interviews with pre-selected candidates.