Position Title: Data Management and Analysis Junior Officer (ELIX-DATAOFF)
ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organization committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizens of the world through active participation in public life. Founded in 1987, ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world.
Since November 2016, ELIX has been implementing an educational programme for refugee and immigrant children, aged 3-17, and their parents in Greece.
Through this project, more than 4.000 refugee children, and their parents, have gained access to a flexible and reliable framework offering non-formal educational activities, such as courses of Greek, English, Mother Tongue, Mathematics, Civic Education and Life Skills, in order to enhance their potential and learning pathway.
Role purpose: ELIX is looking to hire a qualified, and/or expert, individual in data management and analysis for data process (entry, workflow, validation, escalation, approval and quality assurance, maintenance). The ideal candidate must also have the knowledge and skills to ensure that the company’s computer network is running smoothly and efficiently both on hardware and software levels.
Duration: Fixed term part time contract
Key role and responsibilities:
- Develop a database for ELIX project needs;
- Develop a proactive methodology for effective data management by collecting, analyzing and reporting on disparate data sources;
- Develop and document the standard data reporting processes;
- Develop and implement project-specific monitoring tools and procedures in line with ELIX standards and guidelines;
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project’s outcomes and impact by verifying field reports;
- Build staff capacity around data reporting tools by providing personnel guidance (feedback, lessons recommendations and statistics for reports);
- Improve and customize current data solutions.
- Interact with Management, IT and other departments to gather data management requirements and construct the necessary procedures.
- Research new and existing data sources in order to contribute to new development, improve data management processes, and make recommendations for data quality initiatives.
- Coordinate with other teams in report enhancements and modifications activities.
- Perform complex data analysis and investigation in order to explain results and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Assist manager in establishing data security guidelines.
- Follow company policies for giving data access rights to employees.
- Maintain best practices to ensure data is appropriately secured from security breaches.
- Determine root cause for data integrity gaps resulting from previously uncontrolled migrations in order to provide appropriate data resolution and remedy process.
- Provide approval for data implementation during migrations.
- Perform periodic data quality reviews for internal and external data.
- Ensure timely resolution of queries and data issues.
- Monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the organization
- Install and configure computer systems and networks,
- Diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
- Advise staff on the use of equipment, operating systems, and network.
Required Qualifications and experience
- Degree or Certificate in Statistical Analysis and/or Computer Science will be considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience of data entry and management
Working experience in similar positions, specially in migration field, will be considered an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) at an upper intermediate to advanced level
- Proven ability to perform Excel functions such as: Vlookup, Pivot Tables, functions, and Data filters/sorting, amongst others
- Attentive to detail, accuracy, and quality of data, committed to excellence
- Identifies problems, proactively raises data discrepancies, and continuously looks for improvement opportunities
- Methodical and process orientated
- Strong data research and time management skills
- Ability to analyze data and problem-solve with high commitment to quality client service
- Consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume role with tight timelines
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships with multiple teams and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- An understanding and working knowledge of data privacy regulations
Additional technical qualifications
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft, Google and other operating systems and technologies;
- Joomla or Wordpress
- Understanding of supporting LAN and WAN technologies;
- Networking switches, firewalls and routers;
- Windows Clients and Servers;
- Windows Server;
- Backup and Restoring systems;
Interested? Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
Disclaimer Clause: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the relevant positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 30th May 2022