Position Title: IT and Data Management Officer (ATH-EDU-IT)
ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organization committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizen of the world through active participation in public life. Founded in 1987, ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world.
Since November 2016, ELIX has been implementing the project "Quality Play-Based Learning and Non-Formal Education, Enhanced Psychosocial Well-Being and Positive Integration for Refugee Children Aged 3-17 Years in Greece" in 12 different locations. Through this project, more than 2,500 refugee children, and their parents, have gained access to a flexible and reliable framework offering non-formal educational activities, such as courses of Greek, English, Mother Tongue, Mathematics, Civic Education and Life Skills, in order to enhance their potential and learning pathway.
The IT and Data Management Officer (part time) monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks of the organization. He/she installs and configures computer systems and networks, diagnoses hardware and software faults and solves technical and applications problems. He/she also advises staff on the use of equipment, operating systems, and network.
His/her work is about understanding how information systems are used, as well as about applying and advising on technical knowledge related to computer hardware or software.
He/she is also responsible for monitoring and evaluation of initial data analysis, thus overseeing project-specific monitoring tools and procedures in line with ELIX and budget holder standards and guidelines.
Duration: Contract duration will be three to six months, depending on the funding and ELIX organizational needs. The working schedule is on a five day basis, Monday to Friday, part time.
The IT and Data Management Officer is mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
Individual tasks will include:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Setting up, monitoring and maintaining computer systems, networks and their performance;
- Talking staff through a series of actions to help set up, or use, operating systems and resolve;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Replacing hardware parts of expendable supplies, such as printer cartridges, when required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- To repair faulty or malfunctioning equipment;
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with colleagues, partners and other professionals, and/or -beneficiaries;
- Testing and evaluating new technology;
- Conducting electrical safety and general checks on computer equipment;
Monitoring and Evaluation
The IT and Data Management Officer will be responsible for the project-based monitoring and evaluation activities of the Project. More specifically, his/her duties will include:
- Conducting initial data analysis (enrolment, attendance, assessment);
- Developing platform login and protocol for matching ELIX and budget holder data;
- Developing and implementing project-specific monitoring tools and procedures in line with ELIX standards and guidelines;
- Monitoring all project activities and progress towards achieving the project’s outcomes and impact by verifying field reports;
- Building staff capacities around these tools by providing personnel guidance feedback/lessons learnt/recommendation and statistics for reports;
- Providing feedback to the Management Team on project progress, activities and beneficiary issues;
- Ensuring appropriate, communications with beneficiaries and relevant stake holders where appropriate;
- Assisting in mainstreaming accountability in all activities;
- Carrying out other tasks related to the project, as required;
- Knowledge of IT/Computer Science or a related discipline;
- Fluency in Greek and English;
- Excellent team work and communication skills;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Up-to-date technical knowledge;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Google forms;
Additional technical qualifications
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft, Google and other operating systems and technologies;
- Understanding of supporting LAN and WAN technologies;
- Networking switches, firewalls and routers;
- Windows Clients and Servers;
- Windows Server;
- Backup and Restoring systems;
Competencies for this role:
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling concerning ELIX values;
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same;
- Widely shares their personal vision for ELIX, engages and motivates others,
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale,
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters,
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength,
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to,
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
- Willing to take disciplined risks;
-Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity;
Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
The vacancy notice code ATH-EDU-IT and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Disclaimer Clause: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the relevant positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 4th of June 2018.