Position Title: Team Coordinator - short term (ELIX-TCO)
ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organization committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizens of the world through active participation in public life. Founded in 1987, ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world. Since November 2016, ELIX has been implementing an educational programme for refugee and immigrant children, aged 3-17, and their parents in Attica.
Through this project, more than 4000 refugee children, and their parents, have gained access to a flexible and reliable framework offering non-formal educational activities, such as courses of Greek, English, Mother Tongue, Mathematics, Civic Education and Life Skills, in order to enhance their potential and learning pathway.
ELIX is looking to hire an experienced Team Coordinator, with specialty on outreach activities with diverse local communities. The Team Coordinator will be in charge of coordinating a team of ELIX employees in various geographical areas throughout Greece, as well as developing, executing, and overseeing field communications between ELIX and third-party partners (local government agencies, authorities, and/or refugee communities) and between ELIX employees and beneficiaries, as well as managing all issues arisen on the field, for a specific project. The ideal candidate must also possess knowledge of up-to-date communication technology (smart phones, tablets, laptops, internet, online platforms).
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Contract duration depending on project funding and ELIX organizational needs. The working schedule is on a five-day basis, Monday to Friday, full time.
Key role and responsibilities:
-Visiting the field on a regular basis for the needs of the project, providing outreach guidance and maintaining networking relations and activities.
-Ensuring achievement of the project's objectives, developing strategic outreach plans and overall managing a team of teachers and outreach workers.
-Ensuring high quality technical leadership and oversight for the needs of the project.
-Providing and overseeing guidance and inspiration to the ELIX project team on outreach activities.
-Nurturing new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
-Scheduling regular outreach exhibitions in the community and educating employees on community responsibility.
-Ensuring that ELIX project team, and beneficiaries as well, are familiar, or will familiarize themselves, with the goals and means of achievement.
-Ensuring that relevant technical materials are made available when appropriate outreach and communication takes place.
-Providing and overseeing technical assistance in order to build the capacity of the ELIX project team on any technological means used in the project.
-Processing data and information for on-the-job needs and issues, as well as for providing guidance and for record keeping.
Qualifications and experience:
-Extensive outreach experience on the field with diverse local communities and on diverse locations.
-Undergraduate, or Graduate degree in a related social and/or humanitarian field.
-Must possess strong interpersonal skills with a commitment to provide respectful, culturally-competent communication, including an awareness and acceptance of cultural differences; basic knowledge of diverse cultures and environments; and the skills to adapt communication skills to fit cultural context.
-Knowledge of and ability to use smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer and database systems, as well as the ability to pass that knowledge on to other persons.
-Exceptional communication and organizational skills, including the ability to develop and implement meetings, events, action plans and projects/programmes.
-Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and in a timely fashion.
-Ability to employ critical thinking and effective communication skills, work independently, and make recommendations for new opportunities to advance the mission of ELIX.
-Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
-Strong experience preparing reports.
-Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
-Strong knowledge of social media and other basic online platforms.
-Ability for traveling within Greece.
Competencies for this role:
Behaviors (Values in practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling ELIX values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for ELIX, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Thrives in a hectic and challenging work environment and is able to cope with the hardship of a humanitarian emergency setting.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
Disclaimer Clause: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the relevant positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 11th February 2021