ELIX is looking for an Administration and Finance Coordinator – Athens, Greece to be seconded to Finn Church Aid (FCA) team in Athens. FCA is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid.
Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations. ELIX works in a close cooperation with FCA, being one of the implementing partners for an Education in Emergencies –project, conducted to assist the most vulnerable children seeking refuge in Greece.
To strengthen its team, FCA Country Team in Greece is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual for the position of Administration and Finance Coordinator to be based in Athens. The main role is to support the Team Leader in all matters relating to financial management and administration within Greece.
The Administration and Finance Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Team Leader in all tasks related to finance and administration within Greece and to provide financial support to a humanitarian project funded by UNICEF. The Coordinator’s role includes monitoring of personnel records and ensuring compliance with donor requirements and local laws. The coordinator will report to the Team Leader
Specific Responsibilities: Finance
- Ensures financial compliance of UNICEF requirements, especially related to donor reporting
- Ensures donor procurement guidelines are applied to
- Supports the Team Leader in maintaining efficient financial control, accountability standards, procedures and records;
- Ensures financial management policy and guidelines are followed by local partners;
- Ensures accurate, timely and correct bookkeeping and other financial records;
- Liaise with the financial controller in Helsinki to ensure the correct allocation of expenses occurred at Headquarter (HQ) and produces reports upon request
- Manages money transfers and bank relations;
- Ensuring that monthly social security and income tax deductions are properly computed, deducted and remitted on time.
- Ensuring compliance with all other tax regulations in country
- Liaises with local accountancy company to ensure a proper bookkeeping of advances and expenses, as well as bank and cash reconciliations
- Carry out budget monitoring to minimize over- or underspending
- Carry out routine procurement of items for the office
- Support local partner organizations in financial Management
Specific Responsibilities: Administration
- Monitor local staff contracts
- Produce the needed personnel reports to HQ HR
- Liaise with various Government departments to keep track of permits required for FCA Operations;
- Keep track of contracts and / or various agreements (office rent, security, daily workers, in country consultancies);
- Keep track of medical care given to FCA Personnel In-country;
- Facilitate staff and HQ travels
The suitable candidate must as a minimum hold a university degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other closely related field. Possession of a Master’s degree in Business administration will be an added advantage.
Skills and experience
- The right candidate should have strong analytical skills
- Have a solid and wide comprehension of financial management;
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications especially Excel and Word is a Must
- Prior knowledge of accounting softwares will be an added advantage;
- Prior knowledge and Experience in Managing Budgets;
- Experience working with NGO’s especially those funded by the UN will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of project financial administration
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Fluent in Greek and English
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in a similar position.
The position will be filled until 31 July 2017. The compensation is based on local salary level and depends on prior work experience. Applicants are requested to submit a salary request.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.