Η ΕΛΙΞ αναζητά νηπιαγωγούς για την υλοποίηση εκπαιδευτικού προγράμματος για παιδιά πρόσφυγες προσχολικής ηλικίας στην Αττική (ATHEDU-PRE-TEACH).
Προθεσμία για την κατάθεση των αιτήσεων ενδιαφέροντος είναι η 10η Ιουνίου 2017 σύμφωνα με τις οδηγίες που θα βρείτε παρακάτω
The non-governmental, non-profit organization ELIX Conservation Volunteers Greece has been cultivating voluntary conscience and promoting voluntary service. ELIX’s main target is the contribution in the development of the person and his evolution as citizen of the world through his active participation in public life.
ELIX realizes international actions of voluntary participation with main targets the protection of the environment, the preservation of cultural heritage, the promotion of civilization and social service. In order to realize its actions, the organization cooperates with Local Authority Organizations, Government Bodies, Companies and Institutions.
After several years of experience in non-formal educational activities with children from a disadvantaged socioeconomic background, ELIX in cooperation with Finn Church Aid (FCA), funded by European Union Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid and Church of Sweden with the support of UNICEF is implementing non-formal educational activities and enhances psychosocial well being and positive integration for refugee children aged 3–17 years in Attica and Macedonia.
Position: Early Learning Teacher
Duration: until end of August 2017
Employment type: Part-time or Full-time
Closing Date: June 10th 2017
ELIX is recruiting a number of Early Learning Teachers for an Education Project addressed to refugee children aged 3-17 years.
The Early Learning Teachers based in Athens (ATHEDU-PRE-TEACH) will work at refugee sites as well as in urban areas of Athens, where the educational activities of the project take place.
Delivery of quality play-based learning to refugee children aged 3-5.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Implement quality play-based learning activities while taking into account the children's physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs according to the daily schedule
- Keep record of children' s attendance, update students files and inform parents accordingly
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports
- Prepare supply requests for the learning activities (educational material, toys, etc.)
- Work with the Senior Teacher, the Field Coordinator and the other project team members
Qualifications & Key Competencies
- Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Relevant experience will be taken into account, especially with refugees and/or migrants
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English (B2)
- Good use of Microsoft Office
- References from previous employers will be taken into account
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work with refugees in underprivileged settings
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Commitment and respect of the UNICEF, FCA and ELIX policies
- A certificate of good conduct (no criminal record) will be asked before employment
All candidates must have:
1. The Greek nationality or the nationality of an EU member state. If a candidate has the nationality of an EU member state, they should definitely have excellent speaking, reading and writing skills of the Greek language according to the Greek law P.D. 50/2001, article 28 par. 4, and its amendments.
2. Candidates ought to have completed their military obligations or be legally exempted by them (for men).
Then apply for the position by filling in the form below.
The vacancy notice code ATHEDU-PRE-TEACH and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
CV only applications will not be considered.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with these positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 10th of June.