ELIX is recruiting a Project Coordinator for an Education Project. The Project Coordinator will be based in Athens for the purpose of coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the education activities implemented by ELIX within the refugee sites in Athens and Thessaloniki.
Position: Project Coordinator (1 position)
Code: ATHEDU PC*
Duration: 9 months
Employment type: Full-time
Closing date: October 28th 2016
The non-governmental, non-profit organization ELIX Conservation Volunteers Greece in cooperation with Finn Church Aid (FCA) and funded by UNICEF will be implementing non-formal education activities and enhance psychosocial well being and positive integration for refugee children aged 3–17 years.
ELIX has been cultivating voluntary conscience and promoting voluntary service. ELIX’s main target is the contribution in the development of the person and his evolution as citizen of the world through his active participation in public life.
ELIX realizes international actions of voluntary participation with main targets the protection of the environment, the preservation of cultural heritage, the promotion of civilization and social service. In order to realize its actions, the organization cooperates with Local Authority Organizations, Government Bodies, Companies and Institutions.
ELIX seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator for an Education Project. The Project Coordinator will be based in Athens for the purpose of coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the education activities implemented by ELIX within the refugee sites in Athens and Thessaloniki. The Project Coordinator will report to the Project Management and work under the supervision of the ELIX office in Athens. The Coordinator will have the overall supervision and responsibility of the non-formal education and relevant activities within four refugee sites in Attica and Thessaloniki Region.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the overall efficient and quality implementation, coordination and monitoring of ELIX activities in close cooperation with the education staff and the support of the three Field Coordinators (1 in Athens and 2 at Thessaloniki)
2. Line management of Education project field staff
3. Responsible for continuous information flow and regular written reporting to the Project Management with regard to the implementation of education and relevant support activities in the sites
4. Facilitation of needs assessments and monitoring missions in favor of ELIX with the support of Field Coordinators
5. Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
6. Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
7. Close cooperation with the project’s working groups
8. Facilitating support of sector/cluster working groups and exchange on cross-cutting issues.
9. Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCES
- University degree (BA) in Social Sciences, Humanities, Political Science, International Relations or other relevant discipline
- Experience in project coordination and monitoring
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills and ability to work in a multicultural team
- Excellent oral and written Greek and English language skills, Arabic or Farsi will be an added advantage
- Good research, writing and analytical skills
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the educational system in Greece
- Experience with non-formal education projects and civil society actors will be of advantage
- Car driving licence
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
The candidates must have:
1. The Greek nationality or the nationality of an EU member state. If a candidate has the nationality of an EU member state, they should definitely have excellent speaking, reading and writing skills of the Greek language according to the Greek law P.D. 50/2001, article 28 par. 4, and its amendments.
2. Candidates ought to have completed their military obligations or be legally exempted by them (for men).
1. A Motivation Letter with clear reference to the job position
2. Curriculum Vitae with full ID/Passport and contact information (home address telephone numbers etc).
Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Applications close 28.10.2016.
The vacancy notice code ATHEDU PC and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
* The vacancy notice is subject to final approval of the project by funder.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.