Η ΕΛΙΞ αποτελεί περήφανο εταίρο σε ένα πολύ ενδιαφέρον πρόγραμμα ανθρωπιστικής βοήθειας του European Solidarity Corps, με το όνομα "Solidarity and support at refugees and migrants centre", Project που υλοποιούν οι Ιταλικές Οργανώσεις Associazione InformaGiovani και Associazione I Girasoli. Η Δομή Φιλοξενίας στην πόλη του Mazzarino που δραστηριοποιείται στη φιλοξενία και την παροχή ευκαιριών σε πρόσφυγες, αιτούντες άσυλο και μετανάστες (ανήλικους και νεαρούς ενήλικες).
Αναζητούμε δύο (2) εθελοντές οποίοι θα υποστηρίξουν το προσωπικό της Δομής σε:
- απογευματινές δραστηριότητες για πρόσφυγες, νέους μετανάστες και ανηλίκους (homework, ελεύθερος χρόνος και δημιουργικά εργαστήρια)
- υλοποίηση πρωτοβουλιών για τα δικαιώματα των μεταναστών
- υποστήριξη τοπικής πρωτοβουλίας της Δομής
Σημαντική Σημείωση : Απαιτείται ενδιαφέρον για θέματα μετανάστευσης, ευελιξία, αυτονομία και αίσθηση προσαρμογής.
Διάρκεια Project : 6 μήνες (Μάρτιος 2023 - Αύγουστος 2023)
ΠΡΟΘΕΣΜΙΑ ΑΙΤΗΣΗ ΣΥΜΜΕΤΟΧΗΣ : 30 Ιανουαρίου 2023
Δήλωσε συμμετοχή για το Project στην παρακάτω φόρμα: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity/placement/33193_en
SOLIDARITY AND SUPPORT AT REFUGEES AND MIGRANTS CENTRE
This is a volunteeering project funded by the European Solidarity Corps programme, and aims to offer young people the opportunity to undertake a path of personal and professional growth in the field of social volunteering in organisations that have been operating for years in areas of intervention linked to their territory and the inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities. Through the project, therefore, we intend to offer volunteers the possibility of:
- acquiring new skills in the field of youth animation and social planning stimulating active participation in initiatives with a concrete impact on the community, and at the same time developing their sense of belonging to the European community
- stimulating creativity and sense of initiative, ability to team-working and self-esteem
- strengthening and promoting values such as multiculturalism, respect for diversity and spirit of solidarity
- improving their employability and encouraging transition between education and labour market.
The project will represent an added value for the social action of the involved organizations and aims to have a positive impact on local communities, mainly in terms of promoting the learning opportunities offered by European programmes and of stimulating among local young people active citizenship in favour of social inclusion. The project aims at involving young people with fewer opportunities (e.g., unemployed, NEET, young people from disadvantaged social background, or at risk of gender, ethnic discrimination, asylum seekers, young people from rural areas.
The project is coordinated by Associazione InformaGiovani.
Travel, board and lodging expenses are covered by the European Solidarity Corps programme. Volunteers will receive a pocke money to be managed autonomously. Volunteers will be enrolled in the CIGNA insurance system.
- motivation to undertake a volunteer experience abroad
- attitude to team work, open- mindedness and flexibility
- creativity and interest in the specific topics of each activity
- basic knowledge of English or ItaliaN
All the activities foresee a first short period to introduce volunteers to the new context, and a final period dedicated to the evaluation and elaboration of the acquired competencies. Each volunteers is entitled to receive the YouthPass certificate, created by the European Commission to certify the knowledge and skills acquired in non-formal learning setting.
Each participant will contribute to promoting the volunteering experience:
- by writing blog article on InformaGiovani website
- by crating small videos/photo collection to publish on social media
- by participating in public events organised by InformaGiovani or host/supporting organisation
The non-profit organization “I GIRASOLI” was founded in 2004. It has always been involved, through its activities, in solidarity and support towards people who are in difficult situations and social marginality, promoting respect, autonomy and overcoming obstacles to the achievement of full and inviolable human dignity. "I Girasoli" is a non-governmental organization which, nowadays, is in charge of refugees and migrants reception projects.
- support for after-school activities (home-work, recreational activities) for young people in the centre for unaccompanied minors;
- support in the implementation of the ludo-bus project for making small artistic events (theatre performance, juggling, other...) on the themes of multiculturalism and inclusion;
- support in recreational activities aimed at the children of young mothers or migrant couples;
- support in the management of volunteering initiatives run by the NGO in cooperation with local partners, and institutions;
- support in communication activities: promotional posts on social media, making videos and photos.
- participating in promotional events on EU programmes organised by the hosting organisation (or by the supporting organisation after the end of ESC activity).
Volunteers will use their own ideas, creativity and experience to develop a personal project/activity related to the work of the Receiving Organisation. The service will be approximatively 35 hours per week, including language preparation.
- aged 18-30 years
- strong motivation for working with children and young people
- ability to team working, open-minded, sociable, creative, interest in multiculturalism
- artistic skills (e.g. juggling, drawing, playing musical instruments) and digital skills are welcome (i.e. Photoshop or other graphic software, video-editing, MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point)
- flexibility on moving in different places for the activities and, if needed, possibility to change accommodation (periodically or for some days) in order to respect the activity plans
- ready to live in small village far from main cities (i.e. distance from Palermo, 200km – from Catania, 150 km)
- drive licence (optional)
- be enrolled in ESC database https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en
Outward and return tickets covered up to Euro 275,00 in total.
Volunteer will be hosted in double-room shared with another volunteer, within the reception centre. Volunteers will share their daily life with young people hosted by the organisation. Reception centre is equipped with all needed (water, electricity, heating, furniture). Free wi-fi is available.
Monthly cash allowance (Euro 5,00 per day)
Monthly cash allowance (Euro 120,00 per month)
Volunteers will be enrolled in CIGNA insurance scheme provided by Erasmus+ programme
- On arrival training and Mid-Term Evaluation organised by Italian National Agency
- Online Linguistic Support (Italian language)
Motivation letter (specific for the project)
Or apply through the European Youth Portal at the following link: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity/placement/33193_en