Position Title: Project Coordinator European and National projects (PC_EUNA)
ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organization committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizens of the world through active participation in public life. Founded in 1987, ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world.
Every year, hundreds of young people from all over Greece have the opportunity to enjoy the great experiences of volunteering by participating in one of the many volunteer work and educational projects that ELIX offers abroad, while at the same time over 150 volunteers from abroad participate in the respective programs of ELIX in Greece.
ELIX conducts international voluntary programs, (short, medium, and long-term WorkCamps) in Greece and abroad, in collaboration with international organizations and partners, aiming at protecting the environment, preserving cultural heritage and ensuring social cohesion. A volunteer work program is a unique opportunity to make creative use of your free time, to work with people from all over the world and to experience values such as cooperation, communication, coexistence, and solidarity.
As a member of the Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organisations, an International Non-Governmental Youth Organisation, ELIX promotes intercultural understanding, peace, democratic participation and equality, in the spirit of respect for universal human rights.
Location: ELIX HQ Office, Athens
Role Purpose: The Project Coordinator will have the complete and holistic coordination of all European and National projects that the organisation is running and the overall coordination of volunteers. He/ she will be the focal point of communication with all stakeholders and partners, ensuring smooth development, operation and execution of projects. He/ she will be responsible to identify, attract and prepare funding opportunities and schemes. He/ she will be in charge of volunteers who will work towards the completion of the projects.
- Holistic and overall coordination of European and National projects;
- Holistic and overall coordination of Erasmus+, European Solidarity Corps projects and other European projects;
- Focal point for National agency and funding agencies related to project implementation (e.g. INEDIVIM, EYF, EACEA);
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations, proactively identify, communicate, and resolve potential project risks and issues;
- Act as a focal point for all project partners and stakeholders;
- Working closely and building positive relationships with project partners and providing support and ongoing assistance
- Set up all project procedures and administer them in order for the project to run smoothly;
- Conduct administrative tasks arising on a day-to-day basis that are necessary to ensure the smooth-running of the project, finances and other activities;
- Organize and coordinate project meetings, and follow up of action points;
- Prepare and manage project schedules and staff resources based on the project scope and requirements
- Coordinate and oversee volunteer hospitality and task missions;
- Perform other tasks as required by the objectives of the project;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience managing large projects, programme budgets and complex activity schedules with a variety of stakeholders;
- Knowledge of project management techniques and methods;
- Representing an organisation at a high-level and in the media and developing fruitful and successful relationships within a range of sectors;
- Completed academic studies;
- Completed National Service, for male candidates;
- Experience in project management and knowledge of research funding schemes;
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills;
- Can work independently and in a team, is service oriented and reliable;
- Is prepared to work flexibly and travel abroad when the occasion arises;
- Is able to meet tight deadlines, shifting between tasks and keep oversight on priorities;
- Has excellent planning skills and is able to apply these in the environment of an international project;
- Understanding of working with young people;
- Ability to work in multicultural environment and with people for whom English is not a first language;
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English;
- PC literate, is an experienced user of the Microsoft Office package (especially Excel), and has knowledge of social media and websites;
- Knowledge of European Projects proposal writing;
- Knowledge of policy and advocacy work with governments and institutions to implement social change;
- Knowledge of EU decision-making processes and structures;
- Knowledge in handling sensitive information, data and processes and strict financial accountability requirements;
- Background in communication and project management;
- Quick-learner with structured way of working;
- Flexibility with working hours.
Then apply for this position by filling in the form below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
Disclaimer Clause: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the relevant positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 21/09/2021.