Η ΕΛΙΞ συνεχίζει την στενή της συνεργασίας με την Γερμανική οργάνωση ICJA, έτσι και φέτος, έχει εξασφαλίσει για εσάς και αναζητά 2 άτομα ηλικίας 18+, που θα συμμετέχουν στο εκπαιδευτικό σεμινάριο “Young Activists Performing Peace: Training Seminar for Youth Workers Sievershausen” που διοργανώνεται από τις 8 έως τις 14 Ιουλίου 2020 στην πόλη Sievershausen στη Γερμανία (κοντά στο Αννόβερο) και συγχρηματοδοτείται από το Erasmus+.
Στο πρόγραμμα θα συμμετέχουν εκτός της ΕΛΙΞ και της ICJA της Γερμανίας που έχει τον συντονισμό, οργανώσεις από το Βέλγιο, την Γαλλία, την Τουρκία, αλλά και από το Αζερμπαϊτζάν, τη Γεωργία, τη Ρωσία, το Ισραήλ, το Μαρόκο και την Παλαιστίνη για συνολικά 22 συμμετέχοντες/συμμετέχουσες από αυτές τις χώρες.
Η προθεσμία για αιτήσεις είναι στις 29 Μαΐου 2020!
Young Activists Performing Peace - Training Seminar for Youth Workers Sievershausen, Germany
Dates 08.07. - 14.07.2020 (travel days included)
IMPORTANT! We strongly recommend participants to wait before arranging their travel until ICJA confirms the training, or to book only tickets that can be returned with a full refund.
- Are you interested in being trained in the fields of peace, conflict resolution and theater pedagogy?
- Do you like working with your body as a tool for nonverbal communication and political action?
- Do you embrace the idea of promoting peace and international friendship among young people?
- Do you like developing your personal skills together with youth workers from more than 10 countries?
- Would you like to get an official recognition of your participation in this learning experience? (Youth Pass – for more information: https://www.youthpass.eu/en/ )
If your answer is “Yes!”, you will definitely benefit from our Training Seminar and we would be more than happy to receive your registration!
The training will enable participants to acquire knowledge, skills and competences and prepare them for applying methods related to theatre pedagogy during peace education activities.
It will include several modules:
The logic of peace - An interactive training providing insight in using peace as an educational concept (run by a trainer and expert in Peace Education and Conflict Resolution)
Challenges for peace in the EU and in the world – You, the Participants will provide input on topics which are highly relevant to you, your organization, and society. The group will discuss the issues presented and together you will choose topics on which you would like to work by means of a theatre or music performance.
Theatre and Music performances as a way to promote peace – You will undergo a training workshop for youth workers run by a theatre pedagogue and trainer on peace education.
Hands on performing peace – You will work in groups to elaborate and prepare theatre performances and you will then present them to an audience of persons in public.
Our peace promotion laboratory – Inspired by this wonderful experience you will generate ideas and discuss proposals for concrete activities in which you will make use of the methodology learned during this training. It will be your task to present an activity to your Sending Organisation and if possible, to be part of the preparation process with the aim to carry out a similar “performing peace” activity in your country in summer 2020 or 2021.
Evaluating the learning experience and getting recognition - the experience is first evaluated individually or in pairs by all participants. In a next step you will evaluate it together with facilitators, by comparing your learning outcomes with the initial learning objectives. Finally, you will be invited to include the competences you have acquired in your official certificate, that is, the Youth Pass. (Further information on the Youth Pass on the link: https://www.youthpass.eu/en/ )
- Promoting Peace and international friendship in our societies and further developing the methodology used in our non-formal peace learning activities.
- Training youth workers on theatre pedagogy and peace education.
- Learning about developments and threats to peace in participants’ countries and find ways to cooperate with each other in order to reach a wider community.
- Tackling crucial current issues, such as increasing nationalism, hate speech, xenophobia and racism especially among young people.
- Motivating and empowering young people to take a more active stand against right-wing propaganda, discrimination against Muslims and human rights violations against refugees and migrants.
- Getting to know the situation of peace work in Sievershausen and preparing a theatre performance for the local community.
Every partner organization is invited to send two participants. A total of 22 youth workers from the Erasmus+ programme countries (Belgium, France, Germany, Greece and Turkey) and from neighboring partner countries (Azerbaijan, Georgia, Russia, Israel, Morocco and Palestine) are invited to participate. Candidates should have experience in youth and/or non-formal political education and should be ready to use the results of this project in their work.
Conditions of participation:
- Date of arrival: 08.07.2020 in the afternoon
- Date of departure: 14.07.2020 after lunch
- Age: 18+ (no upper limit)
- Working Language: English
- Previous experience: You should have experience in running non-formal youth learning or political education activities.
- Accommodation and food are provided free of charge
- Registration fee for hosting organization: 40 euro
- Registration fee for ELIX: 60 euro
- Reimbursement of the travel expenses: up to maximum 275 euro. It means that if you have a budget of 275€ and you spend 200€, you will receive all 200€, and in this case it will be the 100% of the travel. Otherwise for example, if you spend 300€ with a budget of 275€, we will reimburse you up to 275€.
Venue of the training
The Peace Studies Center Sievershausen was established in the rooms of the Sievershausen Lutheran Church community almost 50 years ago. There are several buildings surrounded by a nice park, including a guesthouse and a museum with an assembly hall. Every year an international workcamp takes place here, and the place really benefits from this intercultural atmosphere. The seminar house offers sleeping rooms for 3-4 people, volunteers will have a lot of space for meetings, cooking, dining, relaxing and for indoor and outdoor activities. Sievershausen is located near Hannover, for further information please see the website of the Peace Studies Center: http://www.antikriegshaus.de
The projects “Young Activists for Peace”
ICJA has been organizing annual peace-educational youth meetings and trainings since 2015 in which young people and youth workers are able not only to exchange information on current crises and problems within Europe and/or neighboring regions, but also to work on topics relevant for them through interactive, participatory methods of non-formal learning.
"Young Activists for Peace" stands for:
- The international commitment of young people to promote peace in solidarity with others in Europe and beyond.
- The intensive encounter and sharing of young people from different social and cultural origins and worldviews.
- The mediation of peace pedagogical basic competences with certified trainers according to the pedagogical concept “Young people becoming agents of peace".
- Meetings and joint activities with target groups and stakeholders of the chosen topic.
- Workshops with committed activists and excursions to civil society initiatives.
- Artistic workshops (theater, video, performing arts...) for dealing with the respective topics creatively, reaching out and including more and more young people in the struggle for peace.