Position Title: Social Media and Communications Assistant
(This is a volunteer position with an engagement from 23/10/2017 until 4/11/2017.)
Do you love shooting pictures and taking videos? Are you good in social media?
Then probably this is a good opportunity to challenge yourself!
Role purpose: to create, organise and produce social media content for ELIX and ALLIANCE through photography and video, prior, during and after the 35th Annual General Assembly event.
ELIX this year is organizing the General Assembly of the network ALLIANCE of European Voluntary Service Organisations.
ALLIANCE of European Voluntary Service organisations is the biggest network of international voluntary service organisations in Europe with 50 member organisations from 29 different countries. ELIX is a member of the network since 1991.
The General Assembly will take place in the area of Glyfada hosted in the Oasis Hotel Apartments from 31/10 to 4/11/2017.
For more information concerning the event you can read here.
ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organisation committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizen of the world through active participation in public life. Founded in 1987, ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world.
The ideal candidate must:
- Posses skills in drafting and organising social media content
- Have experience and skills in photography and video recording,
- Be fluent in creating content for social media (facebook and twitter),
- Adapt to a flexible working schedule,
- Have experience with international volunteering (either in Greece or abroad),
What is expected of you?
- Be available for the period mentioned below and with the conditions described,
- Be willing to support the organisation for this big event,
- Be flexible and organised, while also working autonomously
- Be respectful of ethics and the general values of ELIX
- Be efficient in communicating and working under the supervision of the Project Coordinator,
- Be approachable, good listener and easy to talk to.
- You will have the chance to be involved in the biggest event of voluntary organisations in Europe,
- You will have the chance to discover possibilities for future involvement either in Greece (through ELIX) or abroad (as volunteer in international voluntary service projects),
- You will have the chance to meet with people who are working in the field of international volunteering all over Europe (and not only),
How much you will have to commit?
Before the events (23/10 – 27/10): A 2-hours per day commitment for the preparation of Social Media strategy and content for the event. We can be flexible and arrange the timings according to your availability.
During the events (31/10 – 4/11): Part time commitment on the spot of the event, working from 5-7 hours per day. Tasks will include:
- Photo shooting of the activities
- Preparation of the facebook posts and tweets in real time
- Video shooting of activities
- Interviews with the participants of the event
- Creative ideas for implementation are always welcomed
Deadline ΑΜΕΣΑ! Preferably the latest until the 23/10 so we can start with the necessary induction and preparations.