Volunteer Position Title: Event Assistant
(This is a volunteer position with flexible engagement from 23/10/2017 until 4/11/2017.)
Do you like working with people? Are you a good communicator? Are you excited in working and supporting big international events?
Then probably this is a good opportunity for you to support one of our activities!
Role Purpose: to support the organisation and realization of the 35th Annual General Assembly event of the network ALLIANCE of European Voluntary Service Organisations which will be co-organised and hosted by ELIX.
ALLIANCE of European Voluntary Service organisations is the biggest network of international voluntary service organisations in Europe with 50 member organisations from 29 different countries. ELIX is member of the network since 1991.
The General Assembly will take place in the area of Glyfada hosted in the Oasis Hotel Apartments from 31/10 to 4/11/2017.
For more information concerning the event you can read here.
ELIX is a Greek Non-Governmental Organisation committed to promote personal development and everyone's evolution as citizen of the world through active participation in public life. Founded in 1987, ELIX has supported and educated more than 10,000 people to participate in innovative actions in Greece and more than 40 countries around the world.
What’s the profile we are looking for?
- Good communication skills, especially in English,
- Be able to coordinate big groups of people and direct them to and within the designated facilities of the event,
- Be mindful of any difficulties in procedures and be able to give solutions in case they arise,
- Availability and flexibility in the working schedule,
- Preferably previous experience with international volunteering (either in Greece or abroad),
What is expected from you?
- Be available for the period mentioned below and with the conditions described,
- Be willing to support the organisation for this big event,
- Be flexible and organised, while also working autonomously
- Be respectful of ethics and the general values of ELIX
- Be efficient in communicating and working under the supervision of the Project Coordinator,
- Be approachable, good listener and easy to talk to.
Why to volunteer?
- You will have the chance to be involved in the biggest event of voluntary organisations in Europe,
- You will have the chance to discover possibilities for future involvement either in Greece (through ELIX) or abroad (as volunteer in international voluntary service projects),
- You will have the chance to meet with people who are working in the field of international volunteering all over Europe (and not only),
How much you will have to commit?
Before the events (23/10 – 29/10): A 2-hours per day commitment for the necessary induction training and preparation of the logistical matters of the event.
During the event
On Tuesday 31/10: Part time commitment on the spot of the event, working from 5-7 hours during the arrivals day. Tasks will include:
- Support the registrations desk, coordinate logistics concerning the “Welcome materials” and hand-outs that need to be given to the participants,
- Help participants orientate around the venue,
- Other ad-hoc needs.
On Wednesday 1/11 - Saturday 4/11, part time commitment on the spot of the event, working from 5-7 hours during the arrivals day. Tasks will include:
- Be available in the working-office of ELIX for emergencies,
- Support with the technical issues such as photocopies, microphones, internet, printers,
- Preparation of social activities for the evenings (Karaoke, party, or any other creative idea is welcome),
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only.
Deadline ΑΜΕΣΑ! Preferably the latest until the 23/10 so we can start with the necessary induction and preparations.