Ενώ μπαίνουμε στο τελευταίο 15ήμερο του Αυγούστου και σιγά σιγά το καλοκαίρι μας αποχαιρετά, τα προγράμματα εθελοντισμού σε όλο τον κόσμο δεν τελειώνουν.
Έτσι ετοιμάσαμε και σας παρουσιάζουμε τα καλύτερα από τα προγράμματα για το τέλος του Αυγούστου στην Ευρώπη, καθώς όμως και τα πρώτα του φθινοπώρου για όσες και όσους θέλουν να κάνουν τα σχέδιά τους, καθώς οι προτάσεις αυτές περιλαμβάνουν από μαθήματα γλωσσών, περιβαλλοντικά αλλά και πολιτιστικά.
1) ANEC31, NATURE RETREAT IN AN ECO-HAMLET 2, Le Puy basset, RENO ENVI, 02/09/19- 17/09/19, 18-99.
If you participate in this beautiful project, you will support the work of the association ‘La Feina’ which aims to create a welcoming sustainable place for people facing social difficulties. The activities of the association are developed in a rural area surrounded by breathtaking mountains; indeed, the association emphasizes the importance of a strong connection linking its activities with local landscape. Spending time in ‘La Feina’ means reconnecting with nature and others, and taking a temporary break from any stressful aspect of modern society. By contributing to this workcamp, you will help to renovate the hamlet’s heritage, while fostering environmental protection.
2) JR19/315, CAUTERETS, ENVI, 02/09/19 - 14/09/19, 18-30.
If you participate in this project, you will work in the Pyrenees National Park, at an altitude of 1409 meters and you will do restoration work, under the supervision of a technical leader. You will be in Cauterets, a lovely resort village which gives access to many hiking trails leading to several natural tourist sites, such as Péguère, Lake Gaube, Petit Vignemale (3,032 m), village on the side of mountains crossed by a waterfall or the small mountain of La Fruitière.
3) IBG 30, ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION CENTRE KELL AM SEE, ENVI CONS, 28/08/19 - 11/09/19, 18-99.
Are you curious to do environmental work and to learn how to construct a barbecue and an outdoor kitchen in the educational center of a lovely small touristic village in Germany, together with a team of international volunteers? If your answer is yes, have a look at this project, where you will be in Kell am See, not far from Trier, the oldest German city, that you will have the opportunity to visit! You will be in a beautiful area, rich in historic sites and well known for cycling, walking and other ways of outdoor activities.
4) IBG 35, MAGIC FOREST PATH BERNAU, Bernau, RENO ENVI, 13/10/19 - 23/10/19, 18-60.
This is the ideal workcamp if you love nature and you are available to leave in October! It will charm you with its amazing location in the highest part of the Black Forest, at an altitude of more than 1.000m. At the project, you will renew the magic forest path, a 2,4km trail which leads through beautiful mountain sceneries with high moors, forests and mountain pastures.
5) IBG 28, KINDERDORF WANGEN, WANGEN IM ALLGA, KIDS, 24/08/19 - 07/09/19, 18-30.
If you speak German and you like to be with kids, this project is for you! You will be in Wangen, a beautiful old town near the Alps, close to Switzerland and Austria.
6) OH-W07, WORKCAMP - LOHRA CASTLE, ENVI, 01/09/19 - 14/09/19, 18-30.
7) OH-W08, WORKCAMP - LOHRA CASTLE, ENVI, 15/09/19 - 28/09/19, 18-30.
8) OH-W09, WORKCAMP - LOHRA CASTLE, ENVI, 29/09/19 - 12/10/19, 18-35.
9) OH-W10, WORKCAMP - LOHRA CASTLE, ENVI, 13/10/19 - 25/10/19, 18-35.
If you enjoy working outdoors and you are a nature lover, have a look at the workcamp ‘Lohra Castle’ which runs in different periods from August until October and will give you the opportunity to help to maintain parts of the nature reserve surrounding one of the largest castles in Thuringia, in the heart of Germany. The castle, which nestles in a scenic hilly landscape, is located on the edge of the nature reserve.
10) PRO-NF09-19, MARBURG MARBACH, Marburg, ENVI LANG, 25/08/19 - 06/09/19, 16-26, extra fee 160 euro.
11) PRO-NF10-19, MARBURG MARBACH, Marburg, ENVI LANG, 08/09/19 - 20/09/19, 16-26, extra 160 euro.
The language workcamp ‘Marburg Marbach’ is implemented in cooperation with the environmental organization ‘Nature Friends’ in Marburg. The project offers German language training, based firstly on communication and, secondly, on grammar. Volunteers will also work in the forest, so the workcamp is perfect for nature lovers who are learning German. The workcamp will be located approximately two km from the city centre of Marburg, a historical and picturesque university town.
12) PRO-ST07-19, MARBURG STADTWALD, Marburg, MANU LANG, 31/08/19 - 14/09/19, 18-26 extra 160 euro.
13) PRO-ST08-19, MARBURG STADTWALD, Marburg, MANU LANG, 15/09/19 - 28/09/19, 18-26 extra 160 euro.
14) PRO-ST09-19, MARBURG STADTWALD, Marburg, MANU LANG, 02/11/19 - 16/11/19, 16-26 extra 160 euro.
The second language project that we propose is called ‘Marburg Stadtwald’ which is organized in cooperation with the municipality of Marburg. This project takes place on a wooded hill named "Stadtwald", in a youth-holiday-camp five km far from the city centre, well connected with Marburg. Volunteers will do manual work in a youth holiday camp and will also attend a German course, specifically designed to improve students’ communication skills in German.
15) JAVVA19-09, MARSINNE FOLK FESTIVAL, Marsinne, FEST, 02/09/19 - 12/09/19, 18-99.
Discover the world of folk dance and music! If you are ready for physical work and you like the idea of being an active part of the implementation of Wallonia’s oldest of folk traditional music, have a look at this project where volunteers will help on several aspects of the festival logistics. You will be in the lovely location of the castle-farm of Marsinne in the old village of Couthuin.
16) SDA 407, BACK TO NATURE, Stara Knizeci, ENVI, 25/08/19 - 08/09/19, 18-99.
If you enjoy camping and being outdoors, this project might suit you! The workcamp takes place in an abandoned but exceptionally beautiful, hilly area of the Bohemian Forest. The campsite is totally isolated from civilization (the nearest Czech village is 11 km away) and we welcome volunteers that are fond of trying out a basic lifestyle in the forest and do not mind longer walks.
17) SDA 307 CENTRE FOR ALL, Nymburk, KIDS DISA, 15/08/19 - 28/08/19, 18-99.
This workcamp takes place in the town of Nymburk and in the small village of Jizbice, in central Bohemia. If you participate in this project, you will work with children with mental and/or physical disabilities who spend their vacation at the camp in Jizbice.
18) SDA 308, ORGANIC FARMING AT CAMPHILL COMMUNITY II, Terezin u Pamat, RENO AGRI, 15/09/19 - 28/09/19, 18-99.
By participating in this project, you will contribute to the work of Free Farm, an NGO which is part of the Camphill Community movement. This family-like community provides space both for people with and without special needs, in order to give them the chance to work and live together. The farm grows organic vegetables and herbs and promotes the importance of biodynamic agriculture and the role of farmers in today’s world. At the workcamp you will mainly help to harvest, clean and store vegetables, but you will also have the opportunity to do gardening, prepare herb mixtures, and participate in an interesting study part during which you will learn about the Camphill movement, Rudolf Steiner’s anthroposophy, and biodynamic agriculture.
19) WS19LI12, AUTUMN CAMP, Liddes, KIDS MANU, 28/09/19 - 13/10/19, 18-35.
20) WS19LI13, AUTUMN CAMP, AUTUMN CAMP, Liddes, KIDS MANU, 12/10/19 - 27/10/19, 18-35.
If you enjoy cooking and spending time with teenagers, have a look at this workcamp which is located in a spectacular place in the mountains, the small alpine village of Liddes, at the border between Switzerland and Italy. The project runs in different periods next autumn.
21) CPI10, VILLA BONA 2, Carignano, CULT, 25/08/19 - 07/09/19, 18-30.
The aim of the project “VILLA BONA” is to restore Villa Bona in Carignano, a wonderful historical villa of the 18th century surrounded by a big park, and to make it usable for public events, concerts, exhibitions, etc. Carignano is a small town 20 km South of Turin. This year the central idea of the workcamp is to exchange traditions and explore other cultures, so for example some Carignano's families will host volunteers for a dinner in the house to share their culture and way of life. The outdoor manual work will be in a garden close to the river Po cutting bamboo and cleaning paths and weeds; painting benches and fences in public gardens in the village. Work inside Villa Bona will be scratching wooden doors and painting them. There could also be cleaning work in bell towers and churches. Volunteers will also meet an association that runs a refugee project.
22) LUNAR 24, A CASA DI ARIANNA - INCLUSIVE SUMMER, Civita Castella, SOCI DISA AGRI, 23/08/19 - 02/09/19, 25-99.
This lovely social project is located in Civita Castellana, a place rich in history and natural beauty, in the centre of Italy. Volunteers will support the work of a social cooperative which helps people with special needs to develop their skills. You will be involved in the maintenance of the house and in the creation of internal murals, as well as in the creation of decorative ceramic elements and in furnishing accessories for the social garden. Furthermore, this project will give you the opportunity to do social work, since you will take care of daily activities in collaboration and contact with the beneficiaries of the house. You will participate in the creation of an alternative communication workshop which will be designed to help people to overcome physical, cultural and language barriers through non-verbal communication. Read the experience of Katerina who participated in this project in 2017!
23) EST 38, ALLIKSAARE FARM V, Käina, ENVI, 26/08/19 - 21/09/19, 18-99, extra fee 50 euro.
24) EST 40, ALLIKSAARE FARM VI, Käina, ENVI, 23/09/19 - 18/10/19, 18-99, extra fee 50 euro.
The project ‘Alliksaare Farm’ will be perfect for you if you want to experience a traditional way of rural living and if you love horses! Indeed, apart from manual work in the farm, you will have the chance to look after, train and even ride horses in the Alliksaare farm in Hiiumaa island. Hiiumaa is situated in the western part of Estonia, approximately 130 km from Tallinn. Moreover, there are a lot of interesting natural picturesque sights on the island, as well as good possibilities of swimming in the sea or hiking in the forest. The project runs on different dates from August until October.
25) CAT17TEEN, CONSERVATION OF OLD PATHS (PYRENEES)_TEEN WORKCAMP, SPAIN (Vall de Siarb), TEEN (teenage_camp), ENVI CULT, 25/08/19 - 01/09/19, 14-18 (only places for males), extra fee 210 euro.
If you like nature, trekking, teamwork and manual work, this is your chance! The purpose of this project is to recover and maintain the ancient paths of la Vall de Siarb, a particular and interesting valley in the heart of the Pyrenees.