Ακούς Ασία και σου φαίνεται πολύ μακρινή;
Αν το έχεις βάλει στόχο ζωής, τότε αυτό το καλοκαίρι μπορείς να βρεθείς σε μία χώρα της Ασίας και να γνωρίσεις έναν εντελώς διαφορετικό πολιτισμό! Ιαπωνία, Κίνα, Χονγκ-Κονγκ, Νεπάλ και βεβαίως η Ινδία είναι μόνο μερικοί από τους προορισμούς που μπορείς να πας.
Φέτος, η ΕΛΙΞ σου παρέχει τη δυνατότητα να συμμετάσχεις σε ένα από τα 450 προγράμματα εθελοντικής εργασίας στην Ασία, τα οποία περιλαμβάνουν προγράμματα, workcamps διάρκειας 2-3 εβδομάδων, μακροπρόθεσμα (LTV 6-12 μηνών) και μεσοπρόθεσμα (MTV 1-6 μηνών), καθώς και μόνιμα προγράμματα (Permeant) τα οποία λειτουργούν όλο το χρόνο και στα οποία μπορεί κάποιος να σύμφωνα με τις οδηγίες του κάθε προγράμματος.
Αυτό το καλοκαίρι, πήγαινε Ασία!
1. NICE-19-0803C, HANAWA (FUKUSHIMA), Hanawa, Fukushi, FEST ART, 05/08/19 - 18/08/19, 18-99.
Have you ever created a huge Japanese lantern? If your answer is “no”, have a look at this wonderful project! In cooperation with the local NGO Kobosha, volunteers will join the summer festival called “TORO NAGASHI”, a memorial for ancestors, through the creation of lanterns named TORO and the act of floating them down a river. Volunteers will make large TORO lanterns (2 x 2 meters) for the festival and hundreds of small lanterns together with local students. The project aims to mobilize local community, thanks to the presence of international volunteers. The workcamp is located in a small town in the southern part of Fukushima, where you will have the opportunity to experience Japanese drums, sports, hot springs, and much more.
2. CIEEJ1923 HELPING CREATIVE ACTIVITIES FOR HANDICAPPED RESIDE, Kenbuchi town, MTV (mid_term), DISA ART, 01/07/19 - 31/07/19, 18-99.
In this beautiful project volunteers will work with disabled people in a special school. Here, they will give assist in creative activities with disabled people, such as woodwork, ceramic art and fabric crafts, painting and playing music; and help in daily routine (serving meals). Volunteers will also have the opportunity to join a Japanese summer dance festival. The project is located in Kembuchi, a small town in Hokkaido, the biggest and northernmost part of four main islands in Japan, known for its abundant nature and national parks.
3. CIEEJ1921 SHOEI INTERINATIONAL CULTURAL EXCHANGE AND HOMESTAΥ, Mimasaka city, MTV (mid_term), MANU CULT, 10/07/19 - 12/08/19, 18-25.
In this cultural project volunteers will do various activities, such as preparing the local summer festival; experiencing Japanese culture like KABUKI; helping in cooking and English classes, among other tasks. The workcamp will take place in Kose, an area of Mimasaka city, in the western part of the mainland of Japan, famous for its beautiful landscapes and hot springs.
4. CIEEJ1922 SHOEI INTERINATIONAL CULTURAL EXCHANGE AND HOMESTA, Katsuta, MTV (mid_term), KIDS FEST CULT, 21/07/19 - 20/08/19, 18-24.
This project is held in two areas, Shouo (21 July-3 August) and Nagi (3 August-18 August) in Katuta, Okayama prefecture. Volunteers will do varied activities, such as helping at the social welfare center, living cultural exchange with children and high school students, preparing the local festival and helping during an international cultural exchange event.
5. NICE-19-0810E, WAZUKA (KYOTO), Wazuka, Kyoto, CULT AGRI, 10/08/19 - 26/08/19, 18-99.
If you participate in this project, you will help tea farmers to take care of organic farms in Wazuca town, and you will also learn about the history of tea in Japan and discover Japanese culture through contact with local people.
6. NICE-19-0812A, KITAKYUSHU (FUKUOKA), Kitakyushu, KIDS, 12/08/19 - 25/08/19, 18-99.
If you enjoy spending time with children and you would like to go to a beautiful natural area of Japan, this project is for you! Volunteers will help in a summer children camp, held in Hiraodai in Kitakyushu city, one of the largest karst plateaus in Japan. Volunteers will live together, support activities in nature and share their culture with children, while activating children’s independence and creativity by letting them take care of themselves and plan for activities.
7. DWC-01-19 EXPERIENTIAL FARMING AND ANIMAL SANCTUARY, Flow, Southern, AGRI, 03/07/19- 14/07/19, 18-99.
In this lovely project you will be in contact with nature and animals, while helping them in a very special place, that is, an experiential farm. The place is home to about 100 farm animals including ponies, dogs, etc. Volunteers will build a sensory garden for children, a small permaculture farm, harvest herbs, fruits and vegetables, and take care of farm animals.
8. DWC-02-19, FUJIAN TULOU - WORLD HERITAGE PRESERVATION, Da Ling Xia Vil, CULT, 26/07/19 - 06/08/19, 18-99, extra fee 1200 Chinese Yuan.
In this interesting cultural project, you will learn the history of ancient Chinese Fujian Tulou, rural dwellings in the mountainous areas in southeastern Fujian, China. Furthermore, you will contribute to marketing activities, such as creating tools to promote Tulou. You will interact with local villagers through cultural activities and participate in discussions on changemaking stories or ideas on world heritage preservation, conservation, and sustainable building structures.
9. HKVT19-02, FIRE DRAGON DANCE – MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL, Hong Kong, SOCI FEST, 10/09/19 - 14/09/19, 18-99, extra fee 150 euro.
In this workcamp you will fully immerse yourself in local traditions, assist villagers with setting up the event of the Fire Dragon Dance for the Mid-autumn Festival, farm with local people, and try very traditional food. Video with the Dragon festival event:
10. RC-21/19 WOMEN POWER, Kalka, SOCI, 05/08/19 - 17/08/19, 18-88, extra fee 220 euro.
This interesting project aims to empower women by helping them to gain confidence, recognize and demand their rights and start being an earning member of the family. Among various activities, volunteers will attend meetings of Self-help Groups (SHGs) and interact with women to better understand their plight and assist them, in order to help them to be economically independent. Additional activities will include learning of various developmental issues and solutions and visits to various humanitarian projects.
11. FSL-WC-835 'LIVE' THE HIMALAYAS, New Delhi, ENVI, 01/07/19 - 21/07/19, 18-60, extra fee 17000.00 Indian rupies.
This project is located in Dharamshala, the capital of the Tibetan government-in-exile and the residence of the Dalai Lama, in the backdrop of the snow-clad peaks of Dhauladhar Mountains. The aim of the project is to provide sanitation and construct a safety wall for schools and the community. You will promote eco-friendly practices; renovate school buildings and walls, teach basic English, and even participate in Yoga classes with a professional instructor during the first week of the project. You will have the opportunity to visit various Tibetan institutes, in order to understand migrants’ issues and how Government is taking care of migrants, and you will interact with monks and local community to understand their culture.
12. VINWC19-08, ART & CRAFTS WITH CHILDREN Pahiko road, KIDS EDU ART, 06/06/19- 18/06/19, 18-70, extra fee 230 euro.
13. VINWC19-12, ART & CRAFTS WITH CHILDREN, Pahiko road, KIDS EDU ART, 18/07/19- 29/07/19, 18-80, extra fee 230 euro.
14. VINWC19-20, ART & CRAFTS WITH CHILDREN, Pahiko road, KIDS EDU ART, 04/09/19 - 16/09/19, 18-70, extra fee 230 euro.
The project “ART & CRAFTS WITH CHILDREN”, running in three different periods, aims to improve children’s creativity. As a volunteer you will be given the unique opportunity to teach children arts and crafts of your choice, and through them bring positive change. You will be in Tarakeshwor, in the outskirts of Kathmandu.
15. VINWC19-13, LIBRARY CAMP, Pahiko road, SOCI KIDS MANU EDU, 18/07/19 - 30/07/19, 18-70, extra fee 230 euro.
16. VINWC19-19, LIBRARY CAMP, Pahiko road, SOCI KIDS MANU EDU, 18/08/19 - 30/08/19, 18-70, extra fee 230 euro.
If you love books and you would like to help children to enjoy reading, you will love the project “LIBRARY CAMP” where volunteers will organize teaching and learning activities through the use of library resources. Volunteers will not only manage the library, but will also organize activities with children at school and conduct some classes on how a library is managed and used. The library camp will help children to develop reading and writing skills.